Dive into the world of yoga alignment with one-on-one tutorage by Iyengar-trained teacher Monique Woolls-King. Whether you are a current practitioner of the Iyengar method, or have heard about it but never tried the practice, then this retreat is for you!
- One on one attention
- Personal adjustments in poses
- Yoga Alignment
- Prop usage for a more effective practice
- Therapeutic sequencing for a healing weekend of yoga
- Yoga breath work to soothe the nerves
- Guided meditation
- Vegetarian meals timed to suit the practice
- Optional hikes/walks in the beautiful protea valley
- Optional swim in the nearby dam
Yoga is traditionally taught one on one, between guru and student. This allows personal attention to students and gives the teacher the time to really learn the students practice and teach accordingly. Iyengar yoga teachers generally limit their class size so that there are deeper teacher/student relationships. This retreat is limited to 8 people to give each person the opportunity to work closely with Monique to deepen their practice.
There seems to be a move towards prop usage in yoga to deepen one’s practice. If you’re interested in this sort of work, then Iyengar yoga is worth a try. Iyengar yoga focuses on alignment, therapeutic sequencing, and prop usage to gain the most out of your yoga practice. It’s ideal for beginners who want a safe introduction to yoga, but also provides deeper instruction for more advanced practitioners. Teachers are trained to give everyone the suitable variation of poses to suit your personal needs.
Monique’s classes are motivating, inspirational and disciplined. Each class you will find new muscles and spaces in the body that gives you a feeling of lightness after each class. Monique guides you through each pose, giving a feeling of containment and confidence in the poses, while inspiring you to go deeper into them. Monique helps you improve your alignment and posture making you feel like you’ve walked away from a personal chiropractic session. Her passion for teaching and sharing her love of Iyengar yoga is contagious and wonderful.
Monique has a background in Architecture and Sustainable Development, and has completed degrees in both. Since 2015, Monique has changed her career radically from Architecture to teaching yoga full time because she believes in the powerful effects of yoga on the body and mind. She believes that it is in the alignment that one finds true freedom in yoga, and that alignment can help one go much deeper into one’s yoga practice. She is a qualified Iyengar yoga teacher; a certification process that takes 6 years to complete. She is currently leveling up her certification in the Iyengar method.
- 2 nights accommodation in gorgeous farm style cottages
- 4 workshop-style yoga classes each with a specific focus to open an area of the body. These 4 classes are designed as a whole, so that at the end of the weekend you will feel a full body opening. The last of these classes will be a soothing and calming practice to wind down your weekend. You will be guided through a gentle yoga sequence, followed by supine (lying down) poses. You will gently stretch and relax in to each pose, supported by props
- 1 pranayama (yoga breathing) class. Pranayama is the 4th limb of yoga; the “science of breath”. Prana means breath, respiration, life, vitality, energy or strength. We access the mind through the body and the breath. Through breath regulation we can begin to calm the nerves, soothe the body and ultimately control the mind
- A weekend of clean eating, vegetarian meals
- Seated meditations
- Optional swims in the nearby dam and hikes around the protea valley
Nothing is compulsory except to relax!
This is a boutique retreat (8 person max). We are excited to have already received bookings for this retreat, and have lots more interest. Please note that bookings can only be confirmed with full payments made to the account given below.
R3600 pp/sharing double room
R6800 for a private room
More info: Monique 082 413 5896
Acc no: 407 650 4430