- This event has passed.
Autumn Yoga Retreat
March 6 @ 3:30 pm - March 8 @ 3:00 pm
Find inner space and freedom through yoga alignment with one-on-one tutorage by Iyengar-trained teacher Monique Woolls-King. Whether you are a current practitioner of the Iyengar method, or have heard about it but never tried the practice, then this retreat is for you!
- One on one attention
- Personal adjustments in poses
- Yoga alignment
- Prop usage for a more effective practice
- Therapeutic sequencing for a healing weekend of yoga
- Yoga breath work to soothe the nerves
- Guided meditation
- Delicious vegetarian meals timed to suit the practice
- Optional hikes/walks in the beautiful protea valley
- Optional swim in the nearby dam
Monique’s classes are motivating, inspirational and disciplined. Each class you will find new muscles and spaces in the body that gives you a feeling of lightness after each class. Monique guides you through each pose, giving a feeling of containment and confidence in the poses, while inspiring you to go deeper into them. Monique helps you improve your alignment and posture making you feel like you’ve walked away from a personal chiropractic session. Her passion for teaching and sharing her love of Iyengar yoga is contagious and wonderful.
Monique has a background in Architecture and Sustainable Development, and has completed degrees in both. Since 2015, Monique has changed her career radically from Architecture to teaching yoga full time because she believes in the powerful effects of yoga on the body and mind. She believes that it is in the alignment that one finds true freedom in yoga, and that alignment can help one go much deeper into one’s yoga practice. She is a qualified IJ2 Iyengar yoga teacher; a certification process that takes 8 years to complete.
What others had to say:
Overall the last retreat scored a 9,5/10 from anonymous feedback.
“It was just perfect. I think you are an extraordinary teacher, Monique! Your empathetic approach to all your students is truly exemplary. The difficulty level of the retreat was absolutely perfect due to your accommodating approach to every individual. I appreciate your effort and commitment.”
“Lovely food – and that’s from a carnivore!”
“Beautiful classes. Perfectly balanced, not too easy or hard. Wonderful retreat, I look forward to the next one.”
“Initially I felt that there were too many classes, but I now feel it was the right amount and correctly paced, and loved the winding down at the end! The difficulty level was great, as even a beginner such as I could manage everything.”
“I so enjoyed the space, the yoga & meeting the other retreatees. Thank you so much Monique for your care and attention to detail.”
- 2 nights accommodation in gorgeous farm style cottages
- 4 workshop-style yoga classes each with a specific focus to open an area of the body. These 4 classes are designed as a whole, so that at the end of the weekend you will feel a full body opening. The last of these classes will be a soothing and calming practice to wind down your weekend.
- 1 pranayama (yoga breathing) class. Pranayama is the 4th limb of yoga; the “science of breath”. Prana means breath, respiration, life, vitality, energy or strength. We access the mind through the body and the breath. Through breath regulation we can begin to calm the nerves, soothe the body and ultimately control the mind
- Seated meditations
- Optional swims in the nearby dam and hikes around the protea valley
Nothing is compulsory except to relax!
This is a small retreat (10 persons max). We’re lucky to have had lots of interest for this retreat. Please note that bookings can only be confirmed with full payments made to the account given below.
Early bird: R3400pp sharing or R6000 private (till 15 Jan 2020)
R3600 pp sharing double room | R6200 for a private room
More info: Monique 082 413 5896
Acc no: 407 650 4430